Have you ever got so attached to something that you crave it, miss it, and can't get enough of it? And when you've been away from it and finally come back, it is like fresh air is breathed into your soul? Am I weird if I feel that way about volleyball? I mean seriously! I didn't cry at high school graduation, but the last day of senior year European Championships I was a mess. As I watched the championships (our team tragically got out in the semi's) I had to keep moving from my teammates, to the bathroom, to my family, to outside, back to my team, back to get more kleenex, it was so ridiculous! I couldn't tell what was wrong with me. I truly suffered from what could be called "love of the game." The hole in my heart left from not playing competitive volleyball slowly healed, and I've been playing copious amounts of sand volleyball, church court ball, and random intramural games.
But something exciting is happening, I am on an ALL GIRLS intramural indoor volleyball team. I love playing with boys, but with ALL GIRLS, we can play with a GIRLS HEIGHT NET! I am 5'4'', and have not been able to really attempt to hit for the past two years, we never play positions, and hardly have 6 people. Playing on this team was like tasting mother's pie again years later. It tastes like a piece of home.
So my soul is happy, (even though we have lost every game...;) because I am home again :) Play Ball!
2 comments:
Um...you forgot to mention that you're freaking amazing too! :) SO glad we got to play on the same team. Love ya!
Ash, you're a stud, and I'm pretty sure we have the best team ever! Yay for tournament play! :)
Post a Comment