Mount Timpanogous at Sun Rise

Last weekend some of our friends had the brilliant idea to climb seven miles up a mountain in the middle of the night. The point was to see the sunrise, and it really was breathtaking, but I was also blessed with an eye opening experience and understanding about the love of God, and how to find peace while here on this earth. This little analogy really hit me!
The night, like our time here on this earth, is but a moment in all our existence. So picture
hiking up a mountain in the middle of the night, and think of what would help you get to the top.
LIFE LESSONS FROM TIMP...
Lesson 1: We can know that we are on the path that leads to the top.
Think about how hard it would be if we were put at the bottom of a mountain in the middle of the night, and told to move forward without a trail. We can't see where we are going! Now picture finding a trail that you know will lead you strait to the top. Big difference huh? We can have peace in this life because our Heavenly Father had shown us the trail :) (Would you want to walk this rocky ledge without a path?)

Lesson 2: I had a light, but I could only see one step at a time.
See how dark it is around me and Katherine? The whole hike up was like that!
The words from a Church hymn say it well.
Lead, Kindly Light (hymn 97)
Lead, kindly light, amid the encircling gloom, lead thou me on!
The night is dark, and I am far from home; lead thou me on!
Keep thou my feet, I do not ask to see
The distant seen, one step enough for me.
The key is trusting in our Heavenly Father's love and His plan enough to only need to see one step at a time. And just because I couldn't see the mountain, it didn't mean it wasn't there. So it is with this life! We can't see it all now, but there is so much more than what we now see! Morning will come.
Lesson 3: It is necessary for the climb to be steep if we are to gain 11,000 feet of elevation.
"...and where I am ye shall be also." D&C 132:23. We are to progress and grow, and return home to our Heavenly Father, and trials and tough times in this life are just necessary steps as we climb upward. But the view is going to be even more worth it than this!
. 
1 comment:
amazing analogy! i loved it and the hike and you and our beautiful snowboards :)
Post a Comment